This is a fantastic opportunity for an online sales manager to join a vibrant and fast growing media company selling advertising/sponsorship/native across an exciting, market-leading portfolio of websites serving the SME sector.
The type of person we are looking for is self-motivated, pro-active, articulate, energetic and looking to forward their career in online sales. An entrepreneurial flair would be an advantage as would good agency relationships. An understanding and ability to confidently follow the sales process is essential. We are looking for a happy “go getter” to join our friendly team.
To ensure online advertising sales meet and exceed targets on an on-going basis. This will include:
- Implement a sales strategy agreed with the Sales Director to achieve sales targets
- Develop relationships with existing clients and new prospects to increase sales
- Generate sales, whether through cold-calls or face-to-face presentations
- Structuring presentations, proposals, case studies, media packs and contracts
- Keep an accurate and detailed database of prospects, accounts and bookings
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of sales information, including the media pack, editorial synopses and previous advertisers
- Knowledge and close monitoring of competitors
- Administer all bookings on a database and generate a weekly activity report
- Liaising with production services to ensure the smooth placement of online advertisements
- A proven track record including online advertising sales
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and to be proactive
- A tenacious personality
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external clients
- Conscientious and analytical
- Ability to take responsibility and work autonomously
- Digital Sales experience
Information on The Internet Works
Based in stylish offices in London, SE1, The Internet Works is part of a group of fast growing media and technology companies employing over 100 staff. We sell advertising space on an expanding selection of leading web-sites and can offer our clients a wide range of cutting edge creative, technology solutions and SEO services. We have a highly motivated team that are well rewarded for their efforts and have a culture of working hard and playing hard!
How to apply
Please email an up-to-date CV along with a covering letter which should include details of current salary expectations and any notice periods that apply, to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line.
You should include your portfolio and URLs in the email.
Successful applicants will be invited to a phone interview followed by an interview at our offices.