Suited to an ambitious, self-disciplined and commercially experienced expert in PHP 5 web application development using the LAMP stack. This Senior PHP Developer role will entail taking the lead on architecting and implementing robust, scalable and secure software solutions as well as guiding and mentoring more junior members of the team.
Skills and technical requirements
- 3+ years commercial experience of designing, creating and debugging object-oriented web applications using PHP5 and MySQL
- Demonstrable expert proficiency in Object Oriented PHP5
- Solid understanding of database development, including schema design, query optimisation, referential integrity and appropriate indexing
- A good working knowledge of source control and branching techniques using Subversion
- Automated testing using PHPUnit, jUnit or similar, plus front-end functional testing using Selenium or similar product
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical ideas to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Experienced in leading a development team (single or multiple projects), providing guidance and mentoring to more junior members
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Zend and /or MySQL certification
- Experience using command line tools within a Linux shell in order to install, configure and maintain Apache based hosting environments
- Experience in the use of a variety of Agile Development or XP methodologies, including daily stand-ups, paired programming, test driven development, velocity calculations and burn down
- Knowledge and experience in the appropriate use of design patterns, above and beyond MVC
- A high level of knowledge, experience and understanding of web application security, stability and scalability
How to apply
Please email an up-to-date CV along with a covering letter which should include details of current salary expectations and any notice periods that apply, to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line.
You should include your portfolio and URLs in the email.
Successful applicants will be invited to a phone interview followed by an interview at our offices.