Our business is profitable and ambitious and to support our continued growth we are now looking to recruit an SEO /SEM Manager. Reporting to our Head of Search this role offers the successful applicant a varied and demanding position covering all aspects of SEO, SEM, PPC and Link Building. Expertise in all of these areas would be preferable as would experience of client facing projects though ongoing training will be provided where appropriate.
You will be comfortable working with statistics and have a good command of Excel – You will be building keyword target lists, competitive / benchmarking lists etc. so you should be someone who enjoys that part of the work.
You will have experience with analytics tools including Google Analytics.
You will understand how SEO affects a business.
You will have good knowledge of HTML, CSS and W3C and know your way around web code in general.
There will be some client interaction and we would hope to build this aspect over time, although initially you will be working on our own sites which are currently generating over 5 million page views a month.
We also want someone who can think and act independently and proactively. We run a ‘flat organisational hierarchy’ where everyone can contribute and where everyone’s ideas are assessed on merit. It’s a junior role but you would not be treated like a junior and we would hope that you could work without a ‘whip hand’ being held over you.
Above all, you will be passionate about the Web. You will be someone who spends the majority of their time webside and when in RL will still be regularly connected via mobile / PDA / pad etc. You’re someone who would only book a hotel if it had a Wi-Fi connexion. You get nervous when there is no Wi-Fi. You are for the lulz. You know who William Gibson is.
• Over 1 year experience in SEO / SEM
• Understand Page Optimisation / Technical side of SEO (can talk technical issues and recommend changes to the in house technical team)
• Reporting and analysis (Produce reports on a monthly basis and utilize this information to optimise sites to function more effectively.)
• Content Creation (generation, seeding and submission of the content to relevant sources)
• Good knowledge of Google Analytics
• Good Social Media Knowledge
• Knowledge of SEO software
Desirable skills and experience
• Holding an individual certification in either Adwords or Google Analytics.
How to apply
Please email an up-to-date CV along with a covering letter which should include details of current salary expectations and any notice periods that apply, to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line.
You should include your portfolio and URLs in the email.
Successful applicants will be invited to a phone interview followed by an interview at our offices.